DEADLINE EXTENDED TWO WEEKS! CONTEST CLOSES JANUARY 29TH!
- Each Canadian entry costs $35 CAD to enter and $7 CAD for each additional entry.
- Each entry from outside Canada costs $42 USD to enter and $7 USD for each additional entry.
- Each entry can consist of one or two prose poems, flash fictions, or flash creative non-fictions of up to 500 words each.
- All initial submissions include a one-year subscription to Room. Additional entries do not include an additional free subscription.
- Authors are not required to clarify which genre(s) they are writing in, as long as both works are 500 words or less. All submissions, regardless of genre, will be judged in a single category, and two prizes of $500 will be awarded.
- Judging will be blind. Please ensure that your name and any personal details are not included in your submission document. This includes the file name, headers, footers, and in dialogue. You will have a chance to include your contact information and pseudonym (if any) in the Submittable form. Cover letters are not necessary.
- Each entry must be original, unpublished, not submitted or accepted elsewhere for publication, and not entered simultaneously in any other contest or competition.
- Previously commissioned Room writers or Room Contest judges are disqualified from entering the contest.
- Room's contests are open to women, trans, two-spirited, and genderqueer people.