DEADLINE EXTENDED TWO WEEKS!
CONTEST CLOSES MARCH 22ND!
- Each Canadian entry costs $35 CAD to enter, and $7 CAD for each additional entry.
- Each entry from outside Canada costs $42 USD to enter, and $7 USD for each
- All submissions include a one-year subscription
to Room. Additional entries do no include an additional free
- Judging will be blind. Please ensure that your name and any personal details are not included in your submission document. This includes the file name. You will have a chance to include your contact information and pseudonym (if any) in the Submittable form. Please substitute your name in the essay with an alias if it is a part of your essay. You can send us the original version if your piece is selected for publication.
- One submission is one essay of up to 3,500 words.
- You can only upload one document on Submittable. Cover letters are not necessary.
- Each entry must be original, unpublished, not submitted or accepted elsewhere for publication, and not entered simultaneously in any other contest or competition.
- Previously commissioned Room writers or Room Contest judges are disqualified from entering the contest.
- Room's contests are open to women, trans*, two-spirited, and genderqueer people.